The Oregon Interscholastic Ski Racing Association is a mosaic of dedicated people who create ski racing opportunities for high school students. We sanction high school state championship events in the sports of Alpine and Nordic ski racing.
OISRA Organizational Structure
We are a not-for-profit, board-governed corporation comprised of its member coaches.
- See Board Members for the current board roster.
- See Board Business for approved meeting minutes.
- See Bylaws and Policies for current Bylaws and Policies.
We are structured such that the OISRA Board provides oversight for two separate Divisions within OISRA: the Alpine Division and the Nordic Division.
Alpine and Nordic Divisions
A coach becomes a member of either the Alpine or the Nordic Division, depending on the type of skiing their students enjoy. Each Division has a Steering Committee that provides guidance for all OISRA activities in that Division.
Alpine and Nordic Leagues
The teams in each Division are grouped into geographicly organized Leagues. Each League hosts its own events that are qualifying races for the State Championships. The Head Coaches for each team in the League direct all the League activities.
Role of Head Coaches for Governing OISRA
The Designated Head Coaches are the voting members of OISRA. They vote for the OISRA Board members and vote on any proposals properly presented to them by the Board. They also select Division Steering Committee members. [ See an Organizational Chart. ]
OISRA Guiding Principles
- Stay current with national and international skiing competition practices
- Stress team participation, while including individual recognition
- Stress fun and adventure, within the boundaries of safety and fairness
- Have flexibilty for participation that builds inclusiveness