OISRA Alpine Division Freestyle Program
*** For 2019 State Information & Registration See Below! ***
Currently, OISRA sanctions ONLY ONE Freestyle competition: the OISRA State Freestyle Championships. This event is held in conjunction with the OISRA Alpine State Championships (March 6-8, 2019).
Freestyle Competitors will represent their schools and get team scores, as well as individual rankings.
All athletes who register on line for the OISRA State Freestyle Championships, and meet the OISRA academic eligibility standards, are eligible to compete. There are no qualifying events for the OISRA State Freestyle Championship Events. If the number of registered competitors exceeds the desired number of competitors for any Event, there will be an elimination event held to reduce the number of competitors to the desired number.
2019 FREESTYLE EVENTS SCHEDULESkiercross (Wednesday, March 6)
- 8-9:30 am - Registration and bib pickup
- 9:30-10:45 am - Inspection and practice
- 10:45 am - Riders' meeting
- 11:00 am - Racing begins
- Racer Social, 6 pm - 8 pm at Timberline Lodge, Ullman Hall
- Complimentary pizza, salad and beverages served
- DJ and dancing!
- 8:30-9:30 am - Registration and bib pickup
- 9:30-10:45 - Inspection and Practice
- 10:45 - Riders' meeting
- 11:00 am - Racing begins
Alpine Racers are invited to register for the Skiercross Event on Wednesday, March 6**Deadline to register: Tuesday, March 5 at 5 pm.**
If you are an OISRA racer who has NOT qualified for Alpine State Championships, you are invited to register for Skiercross Only race on Wednesday for a fee of $30 by using this buttom.
If you are qualified for the Alpine State Championships you have the option of adding this event during your online registration for an additional $30 fee. This applies to both OISRA and OSSA athletes.
- If it is after the deadline for Alpine Racer registration (Feb. 25), then you can add skiercross to your registration by using this orange button as well.
For OSSA athletes that have already pre-registered to compete in the Alpine Championships
- Cost is $80
- The only OISRA Freestyle competition an OSSA Guest Freestyle Competitor can enter is the OISRA State Freestyle Championships
- Events will be Skiercross and Slopestyle
- Guest Competitor will be assigned a coach at the Championship Event
- Guest Competitor will represent the school where they are enrolled
- Guest Competitors must meet OISRA academic eligibility standards
- All registered Freestyle Competitors are covered by OISRA liability and accident insurance only for the duration of the State FS Championships. There are no OISRA-sanctioned Freestyle practices or OISRA-sanctioned Freestyle league events.
- Cost is $10
- All coaches who help in the Freestyle arena must register as Guest Freestyle Coaches
- Must also have completed a Concussion Training course this year
- If an OISRA registered alpine coach will be working in the Freestyle arena, they must also register as a Guest Freestyle Coach
- Guest Coaches supervise Freestyle Competitors who are assigned to them at the Championship Event
- All registered Freestyle Guest Coaches are covered by OISRA liability and accident insurance only for the duration of the State FS Championships. There are no OISRA-sanctioned Freestyle practices or OISRA-sanctioned Freeesyle league events.
(MANDATORY - The school must submit a School Agreement Form before athletes are allowed to use the school name in the OISRA State Freestyle Championships)
- This form gives Guest Freestyle Competitors permission to represent their school ONLY for the OISRA sanctioned State Freestyle Championship
- If a school also has an alpine team, then the school will sign two different School Agreement Forms: 1) this form that is specific for only the students who are competing in the OISRA Freestyle State Campionships, and also 2) the form the school signed for the students who are training and racing on a full season alpine team.
- This form does NOT give students permission to form a school club or represent their school at a USASA events
(MANDATORY - Parents/guardians of Guest Freestyle Competitors must submit this form to the school so their student can be confirmed as academically eligible.)
- Download FERPA Parental Consent Form
- Fill in blanks
- Sign with "wet ink" (no electronic signatures allowed)
- Make arrangements for the signed form to be presented to the school. (A coach can facilitate this process.)
Freestyle Policies and Competition Rules are found in the OISRA Alpine Policies. A link to the most current OISRA Alpine Policies is found on the sidebar of the Alpine Forms, Rules and Resources page.