The FERPA "Consent form" is a NEW form this season (2018-19).
(MANDATORY - PARENTS/GUARDIANS of ALL students must submit this Consent Form to the school so their student can be confirmed as academically eligible for participation in OISRA activities.)
When parents send this form to a school, they are instructing the school to release academic eligibility information to OISRA. This form meets all the federal regulations for asking for this specific type of release of protected information if the instructions below are followed:
- Download FERPA "Parental Consent to Release Educational Records" Form
- Fill in blanks
- Sign with "wet ink" (no electronic signatures allowed)
- Present original copy to the student's school
School Agreement Form
(MANDATORY - COACH or TEAM PARENT must present a form to the school, and the signed copy must be submitted to the OISRA registrar.)
Choose the School Agreement option that matches your school’s involvement:Agreement #1: OISRA Represented Schools Agreement
- School supports ski racing as "an approved interscholastic activity."
- The team may use the school name.
Agreement #2: OISRA Permission to Use the School Name
- School allows the use of the school name, but the school does not provide funding, services, and/or supervision.
- The team may be supported by a parent, parent group or a community club.
If school will not sign either of these forms, contact Registrar for help: firstname.lastname@example.org 541-410-2956
School Sports Physicals
- OISRA adheres to Oregon State Law(ORS 336.479), which requires all high school athletic participants in grades 9-12 to get a physical exam every 2 years.
- OISRA uses the OSAA School Sports Physical Form. Click Here for Form.
- A copy of the physical exam will be kept on record in the physician's office.
Forms for Special Circumstances for Students
- OISRA Eligible Student Transfer Certificate
- OISRA Foreign Exchange Student Eligibility Request
- Eligibility Request for Hardship Application
Forms for other Circumstances
- Volunteer Registration: The vast majority of volunteers register online. However, if a volunteer shows up on race day and has not registered online, they can submit this hard copy form and be recognized by the OISRA insurance providers as a person who is covered by OISRA liability insurance.
- Transfer of Supervision: If a skier regularly trains with an OISRA certified coach from a school that is not the school where the student is enrolled, this form is a paper trail showing who is supervising the student during OISRA activities.
(MANDITORY REPORTING - To be submitted by coach or race Technical Delegate)
- Incident Report Instructions - Incident reports are submitted within 72 hours of an incident involving personal injury or property damage.
- Online Submission for Incident Report - (Administrators preferr online submission)
- Hard Copy (pdf) Incident Report
Concussion Resources for Coaches
- All OISRA coaches need to be fully conversant with and in compliance with their school and school district regulations and expectatios regarding concussion awareness.
- The OSAA's "Return to Participation Medical Release" form MUST be given to the coach before an OISRA skier returns to participation, if the school does not have its own procedure in place for monitoring an OISRA skier's return to participation..
Concussion Resources for Parents
- The Parent Fact Sheet. is the information parents read when they register their child on line.
- The Return to Learn Form is a form from CBIRT that parents might want to use for communicating with the school about a student's medical release for returning to academics after a concussion.